Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Cooking the Disney Way: Cobblestone Cheese Bread

I am really loving this cookbook! Last night I made the Cobblestone Cheese Bread to go along with a lasagna. The bread recipe is from the Yacht Club Galley, which is now the Captain's Grille. I have not been to Captain's Grille, so I cannot say if they are still making this bread, but I'm hoping we can check it out on our next trip. I am having a lot of fun with the recipes in this book, so I definitely recommend picking one up if you are in the market for a Disney cookbook.

This is what the cover looks like.
(In case you want to buy it)

For legal reasons I cannot actually post the recipe for you, it being copyrighted material and all. However, I can show you pictures of the finished product, give you some tips if you do make the bread, and let you know how it went over with my family.


The copyright info in the front of the book.
(I know a lot of people don't pay attention to this,
but I don't want to be on the receiving end of 
Disney's legal team ;-) )

Now, on to the recipe review! I have not made bread that much, but I found this recipe to be pretty easy to make. As with any bread, there is some waiting time because you have to let the bread rise. So make sure to start early enough in the day if you want to have the bread ready for dinner. We didn't have any bread flour, so I just used regular all-purpose flour and that worked out fine. With the holidays coming up, I might end up with some bread flour and I can try making it again. One other tip, I would get a block of cheese and grate it yourself, rather than buying cheese already shredded. I think it works better for the recipe if you use freshly grated cheese.

This bread was a huge hit at dinner, with the family asking for extra helpings of the bread. I really enjoyed it as well. There are some cheese breads, especially breads with Asiago cheese, that I find to be a little overpowering, but this is not the case with the Cobblestone Cheese Bread. You can definitely taste the cheese in the bread, but it compliments the bread and does not overpower it. For once, I actually timed everything right and the bread was done when the lasagna was ready, so we were able to have nice warm bread with dinner. The butter melted perfectly on the bread and it tasted delicious!

Top View

Side View

Sliced

I will definitely be making this bread again! The recipe makes two loaves, so you are covered for a little while. There is nothing like fresh homemade bread and since this bread recipe is so simple, you can make it as often as you like. If you are looking for a good and hearty bread, I definitely recommend the Cobblestone Cheese Bread from the Yacht Club Galley (now Captain's Grille)! Happy Disney baking!

Thanks for reading!

Liz ⁰O⁰






No comments:

Post a Comment