Saturday, October 18, 2014

Alice In Wonderland Tea Cup

To go along with my Mickey Mouse tea kettle, it only makes sense to have a Disney themed tea cup. I have "a few", but my favorite is my Alice in Wonderland tea cup. A few years ago, when we were in Epcot touring the World Showcase, I found this tea cup and fell in love. The design is beautiful and I love using it to drink my tea!



How cute is it?! As you can see the tea cup has both Alice and the March Hare sharing a cup of tea. If you look closely you can also see the dormouse peeking out from the tea kettle. The same scene is on the other side of the cup as well. 

All the details on the tea cup are great. On the inside of the cup there is an image of a horsefly and on the saucer the horsefly appears again as well as the bread and butterflies. I love the scalloped edges of the saucer too! 

The horsefly image on the inside of the cup.

Horseflies, bread and butterflies, 
and flowers decorate the saucer.

The scalloped edges are a nice touch.

I love the detail on the handle.

It is a very nice looking tea cup and it has a good weight to it. So, it doesn't feel like it is cheaply made. Like I said, I have had it for a few years and it is still in great condition. It cannot be put in the dishwasher or microwave, so make sure to hand wash them. That is probably why it is still in great condition, the paint doesn't get worn off from the dishwasher or microwave.

I'm not sure if they still have them in the United Kingdom in Epcot, but they do have them online. Each tea cup is $24.95. So they are not cheap, but if you like tea cups this is a good one to use and it looks nice on display. I keep it on display in our kitchen and it looks really nice with my other tea cups. It has made its way onto my wishlist for Christmas, because I'd really like to have two. I'm kicking myself for only buying one when we were there. They also have a tea kettle that goes with the cups, but it is not on Disney's website right now. I'm hoping, the closer it get to Christmas, they will restock them. 

Image from Ebay

So, there are two available on Ebay for $64.95...I think I'm going to wait and see if disneystore.com restocks them. It's a cute kettle though, isn't it? They had mugs at one time. Maybe those well be restocked too. Fingers crossed!

Image from Amazon

There are two mugs available on Amazon for $25.63 (at least at the time of writing this that was the price). That price is actually very decent and close to the original price, plus it is Prime, so if you have Amazon Prime you won't have to pay shipping. Love Prime!

If you are looking for a nice addition to your tea cups this one is great. The design is beautiful, it is well made, and it looks great on display. As you can tell, I love my Alice in Wonderland tea cup :-)

Thanks for reading!

Liz ⁰O⁰








No comments:

Post a Comment