Friday, October 24, 2014

Planning for the Next Trip

We are getting ready to start planning out next trip to Disney World and I have started to make a list of things that I would like to try to fit in. There is so much to do at Disney, so the list helps to keep things organized. If you read my bio you see how crazy I am with organizing for Disney...that's why I have a spreadsheet with table service restaurants and columns for links to pictures and menus. Oh yeah, I am a little OCD when it comes to organizing and planning for Disney.

One thing that is on my list is Club Cool. In case you haven't heard of Club Cool I will give you a little rundown. First of all, when you are in the parks have you noticed that there are no Pepsi products? You can ask for a Pepsi, but you won't get a Pepsi. Coke has a deal with Disney and therefore Coke products are what you will find in the parks and resorts. As a result, they opened Club Cool in 2005 and offered different kinds of Cokes. These different flavors are from all over the world. So you get to taste what kind of Coke products other countries enjoy. They switch out often, but the one that remains is Beverly. I have read and heard about this particular flavor, but I don't want to ruin it for those that don't know about it ;-) It is located in Future World and, from pictures I have seen, it looks as though there are multiple fountain drink stations. So, you shouldn't have to worry about lines for free drinks. Oh yeah, that's a pretty important part of the Flavors Around the World at Club Cool...it's free! So go in and try some drinks for free! Not bad, especially on a hot Florida day.

Photo from Yelp

Photo from Yelp

Map from Disney

Map from Disney

Something else I am hoping to see during out next trip is the Beach Club Villas (BCV). I have always wanted to stay at the Beach Club and we will hopefully have the opportunity on the next trip. The pool looks awesome and I love the design of the resort. Disney recently started some renovations on the resort that are expected to last a while, possibly past next year. We are not going to let that bother us though. Everyone in the traveling party is very excited to see this resort (and the pool), so we are going to go for it! Fingers crossed!

We had breakfast at Cape May Cafe and lunch at Beaches and Cream on the last trip. The resort was beautiful! I am hoping to see more of it during the next trip :-) Another reason to stay at the Beach Club...you can see Illuminations from the resort! I have asked around and you can see the fireworks from the pool and also from the bridge that will take you over to the Boardwalk. I believe there are some rooms where you can see the fireworks too. Imagine swimming in that fantastic pool while watching fireworks! Now they just need to put in a swim-up bar and I would be all set ;-)

One of the hot tubs in the pool area of 
the Beach Club.

I love this pool! You can see the slide
in the background. 

You can see the Boardwalk Inn from the pool.

Here is the sand bottomed part of the pool. 
It's like you are at the beach :-)

Some of the seating area and the pool bar.

I believe there are a few waterfalls
 around the pool. 

The arcade with your
standard arcade games.

Another must for us will be meeting Anna and Elsa. I know, everyone wants to meet them and I guess we are no different. We will have two girls in the traveling party that will be so excited to meet them. Actually, there have been some lists started, naming all the characters that they would like to see. Even the kids are making lists for Disney! I am telling you, it helps! So, we will do our best to get FastPasses for Anna and Elsa. I am hoping the craze will have died down a little, but I am not holding my breath. It is so much fun to see the looks on the kids faces when they meet their favorite characters. Our daughter was 2 on the last trip and Ariel was her favorite character at the time. The expression on her face during the whole meeting was priceless. We have a video of her meeting Ariel and I love it. It is the cutest thing! It was like she couldn't believe she was meeting her and the girl who was Ariel was fantastic with her. I cannot wait to see that expression again! 

The next item on the list is dinner at Boma. We have had breakfast at Boma twice and it is delicious! I think next time around my husband wants to try dinner there. He is a little more adventurous when it comes to trying new foods. I have heard good things about the dinner, so I think those of us that do not care for the spicy foods will still be able to find something. Plus, they have Zebra Domes for dessert...yum! 

If we do dinner there, we will probably end up walking to Kidani and trying out those night vision goggles. Unfortunately, during the last trip when we were staying there we never had a chance to do this. I'm hoping we will have time during this trip, because it sounds like a pretty fun activity for both kids and adults.

I'm also putting Splash Mountain on the list. I have been on this ride numerous times, but it was closed during our last trip and that sucked. I know the rides have to go down for refurb here and there, but that is my favorite ride, so I was bummed. My family went to Disney in 1992 right after it opened and we were able to ride it several times, it was so much fun! Now, when the logs float through the inside of the ride, the smells remind me of that trip :-) That is probably why it's my favorite ride. So I checked the refurb list and saw that is down for a refurb this winter, so we should be safe in the fall.

Those are a few things that we are looking forward to for the next trip. I'm sure there will be more posts relating to our planning of the trip as we get closer and after we have booked the hotel. If there are things that you don't want to miss, I highly recommend making a list. With so much to do at Disney, it helps to go with a plan!

Thanks for reading!

Liz ⁰O⁰






No comments:

Post a Comment