Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mickey's Toontown Fair: A Lost Favorite

I was going through some old Disney pictures I have and I came across a bunch from the lost Mickey's Toontown Fair. In case you don't know, Mickey's Toontown Fair was taken out and replaced with New Fantasyland. We loved seeing all the new touches when we visited this year. They have Beast's castle (where the impossible-to-get-a-reservation Be Our Guest Restaurant is located), Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Seven Dwarfs Mind Train, and the Storybook Circus area. It is so cute and so well done, but part of me still misses Mickey's Toontown Fair.

The Beast's Castle

Mickey's Toontown Fair had Minnie's house, Mickey's house, Pete's Garage (which, if I remember correctly, were the restrooms), Donald's boat (the S.S. Miss Daisy), among other attractions there. I loved this part of the Magic Kingdom! It was so much fun to visit Minnie's house. The cartoon design of the buildings and all the added touches when you walked through were great. Disney is very good with the details. So here are some pictures from back in the day of Mickey and the gang's area.


Pete's Garage 
(I don't know if I would trust him to fix my car!)

Restrooms By Pete's Garage

Fall Decorations

Minnie's House

Minnie's House

Minnie's Mailbox

Mantle Above the Fireplace

Fireplace in Minnie's House

Minnie's Radio

Pictures in Minnie's House

Decorative Plates

Decorations

Her Comfy Chair

The S.S. Miss Daisy

Minnie's Sewing Area

Tea Time

Cookbooks

Minnie's Oven
(The cake would rise and fall)

Daisy Seeds
(I had to take a picture of this. 
Daisy is my favorite character!)

 
Repairs to The S.S. Miss Daisy

Mickey's House

Christmas Time at Mickey's

It was such a cute area and I know I'm not the only one who misses it. It was fun to just walk around and see all the details. You were also able to meet some of the characters. When we visited Minnie's house she was meeting people in her gazebo. So cute!

Just a little trip back in time, for those that miss Mickey's Toontown Fair or never had a chance to see it. 

If I can get a FastPass for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for the next trip, maybe I won't miss Toontown as much...maybe ;-)

Thanks for reading!

Liz ⁰O⁰






No comments:

Post a Comment