Sunday, October 19, 2014

Downtown Dis.....Er, I Mean Disney Springs

It's going to take me a while to get used to that name change. I still call Hollywood Studios "MGM", so we see how well I do with change. They haven't officially changed the name yet, at least not that I have heard, so I've got a little time to get used to it. I'm sure there are still people who call it Disney Village Marketplace ;-)

So what is going to be available in the new Disney Springs. Mainly, shopping and restaurants. The old Pleasure Island spot is being transformed into more restaurants and more shops. Don't get me wrong, I love shopping and dining out as much as the next girl, but I really do miss Pleasure Island. The clubs were awesome, but I digress...a topic for another day.

They do have some new offerings in Downtown Disney. One of which is a new, pretty large, Starbucks. Allowing Starbucks on the property is also a topic for another day...still not sure how I feel. The Starbucks building is actually pretty cool though. Check out the review here from Disneyfoodblog.com. They have a lot of pictures of the new Starbucks and some of the features are really interesting. For instance, they have a grass roof that where they use recycled coffee grounds to help grow the grass. The other really cool feature is the interactive screen. Here you can actually see what is going on at the Anaheim Starbucks and they will be able to see a chalk version of you! I will definitely have to check that out the next time we are there.

Picture from disneyfoodblog.com

Another new addition to Downtown Disney is the Food Truck Park. I don't know when food trucks became such a "thing", but they are. So much so that Disney has given them their own space Downtown Disney actually has them listed on their website, so you can see more information of the food trucks here. My husband is a fan of food trucks, so I'm pretty sure this will be a stop on our next trip. New shops will be opening up throughout the process as well. One new shop is the Marketplace Co-op and I can't wait to check it out! Here is some info on it.

When we were there in January 2014 the construction for the transformation to Disney Springs had already begun...and it was a mess. From what I am hearing it's pretty bad around Downtown Disney these days and people are recommending that take Disney transportation instead of driving yourself. We are planning to go next fall and construction will still be going on then and I'm sure it will still be a mess. They are looking at 2016 for completion and the full transformation to Disney Springs. Here are some renderings from Disney Parks Blog when Disney Springs was first announced.

Town Center and The Landing

The Landing

Family-Friendly Marketplace

It looks like it is going to be nice and I can't wait to see all the new shops and dining options! I have to say, though, that I am glad they are keeping The Marketplace. I love walking around there and love all the shops! Plus, that little train that the kids ride on is super cute. 

The Lego Dragon

\
Display From the Christmas Store

Fulton's (love this place!)

Happy Holidays!


Rainforest Cafe



The train in the Marketplace at Downtown Disney.

What do you think? Are you excited for the changes being made to Downtown Disney? I won't lie, I'm excited for more shopping options...not sure my wallet is though ;-)

Thanks for reading!

Liz ⁰O⁰





No comments:

Post a Comment